Thursday, July 11, 2013

DAY 52 A Prayer of Forgiveness

Day 52 of 123 Days of Prayer.

Pray.Love.Forgive.  

Today I pray the prayer of forgiveness from Psalm 51.  This was David's prayer of forgiveness in his great sin against Uriah. Though our own sin may not be as great as adultery or murder it is good for us in any situation where we feel we have sinned or turned from God to pray this prayer with all authenticity and affection; grace will be supplied.  May this prayer minister to you today - knowing that no sin is beyond forgiveness by our great and merciful Lord.


Psalm 51

Be merciful to me, O God,
    because of your constant love.
Because of your great mercy
    wipe away my sins!
Wash away all my evil
    and make me clean from my sin!
I recognize my faults;
    I am always conscious of my sins.
I have sinned against you—only against you—
    and done what you consider evil.
So you are right in judging me;
    you are justified in condemning me.
I have been evil from the day I was born;
    from the time I was conceived, I have been sinful.
Sincerity and truth are what you require;
    fill my mind with your wisdom.
Remove my sin, and I will be clean;
    wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Let me hear the sounds of joy and gladness;
    and though you have crushed me and broken me,
    I will be happy once again.
Close your eyes to my sins
    and wipe out all my evil.
10 Create a pure heart in me, O God,
    and put a new and loyal spirit in me.
11 Do not banish me from your presence;
    do not take your holy spirit away from me.
12 Give me again the joy that comes from your salvation,
    and make me willing to obey you.
13 Then I will teach sinners your commands,
    and they will turn back to you.
14 Spare my life, O God, and save me,[b]
    and I will gladly proclaim your righteousness.
15 Help me to speak, Lord,
    and I will praise you.
16 You do not want sacrifices,
    or I would offer them;
you are not pleased with burnt offerings.
17 My sacrifice is a humble spirit, O God;
    you will not reject a humble and repentant heart.
18 O God, be kind to Zion and help her;
    rebuild the walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then you will be pleased with proper sacrifices
    and with our burnt offerings;
    and bulls will be sacrificed on your altar.

**Cathy is a speaker, writer and worship leader.  You may contact her for speaking engagements at cwoolaway@yahoo.com or 217 521 2070.

No comments:

Post a Comment