Monday, July 29, 2013

Day 71 - A prayer in the dark

Dear Lord,
This morning I come to you with childlike faith knowing that all you have in store for me is good.  I am remembering in my prayers how small the world and even the Universe is compared to You.  How great and unimaginably powerful You are to have created not just the Universe but all creatures.  To have breathed life into all creatures and to call us all good.  I praise You that I am a child of God and You desire to be near to me.

I pray for wonder when I am increasingly blind by my life.  I keep my eyes ahead and do not waste time looking behind because I know by faith in my darkness Your Light will eventually appear.  I pray that You take me during this time and that I release anything that is in my own way in overcoming.  I release all remnants of who and what I was and am today.  I give my life to You fully and completely knowing that You know what's best for me.

I do not mind living in the clouds - in the blindness.  I will walk through and marvel at each distinctive form the clouds in my life take.  I will not fear them at all even though they become black with lightening.  Instead I will enjoy each one knowing that my life and my spirit will not remain the same once they have lifted.

Thank you for Your Word.

Your daughter,

Cathy




**Cathy is a speaker, writer and worship leader.  Contact her for engagements at 217 521 2070 or cwoolaway@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment