Wednesday, July 17, 2013

DAY 59 - Prayer of Release

This is a prayer that was sent to me through an anonymous source. I liked it and hope that you do too. 


Prayer of release:


I know the one for whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until the day of his return. 2 Timothy 1:12

Heavenly Father, I release to you the burdens that I have been carrying, burdens that you never intended for me to carry. I cast all my care upon you , all my worries, and all my fears. You hold me to not be anxious about anything, but rather to bring to you everything in prayer and with thankfulness.

Father, calm my restless spirit, quiet my anxious heart, still my troubling thoughts with the assurance that you are in control. I let go of my grip upon the things I have been holding onto, and with open hand now I come to you. I release to your will all that I am trying to manipulate; I release to you authority all that I am trying to control; and I release to your timing all that I have been striving to make happen.

I thank you for your promise to sustain me, preserve me, and guard all that I have entrusted to your keeping. Protect my heart and mind with your peace, the peace that passes all understanding. Father, may your will be done in my life, in your time, and in your way.


Psalms 55:22, 1 peter 5:7, Philippians 4:6, Mathew 6, Isaiah 26:3, Luke 11:2.

No comments:

Post a Comment